The Rutgers Environmental Stewards Alumni Association Executive Board
The main functions of the RESAA Executive Board are:
- to maintain the alumni website
- to run a general/ educational meeting once a year
- to work on basic administrative tasks for the entire RES volunteer group, such as display materials, nametags, recognition, continuing education.
- other aspects include establishing and maintaining a unified program for environmental volunteers who are dispersed throughout the state of New Jersey.
- RESAA cooperates with the Program Director when administrative help is needed.
The Executive Board works on a much broader basis than a single interest group. It is not intended to deal with regional or county problems or interests on an everyday basis. EnviroStewards are encouraged to bring concerns or information to an Executive Board meeting. RESAA can, then, offer suggestions or connect volunteers in similar situations. For those needing project assistance, arrangements can be made for a volunteer request on the website as well as in a mailing to the entire group or just to volunteers in their area.
The intention is that regional, town, or county groups would eventually form, on their own, and send a Representative to the Board with ideas or concerns. In addition, all interested alumni are always welcome to attend the Board meetings which are posted on the alumni website.
The website is:
- a resource and a unifying focal point for RES volunteers
- a resource for organizations and communities who may be looking for reference people that have expertise in various projects
- an informative site for the environmentally minded public